Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mid-Semester Crisis

All of the students tuning in are probably quite familiar with the middle of each semester being overwhelming in an I-want-to-quit-school way. It's pretty normal so I'm not too worked up about it. Elsewhere in school--Prof. Mega. is still difficult to listen to and even harder to judge because of attempts to be a good friend of mine outside of classes. I even met his wife. Sen. Joe Biden visited Ames on Tuesday and seems to have a pretty good grasp on domestic and foreign policy and leadership. He has declared his candidacy in 2008--honestly, what wouldn't be a welcomed change...I'm looking through graduate schools and very soon I'll be taking the GRE with a smile and by "taking" I don't mean answering the questions. Ouch. If anyone has any tips as to where Andy should attend graduate school or any good reasons that I should go to graduate school instead of getting a job, let me know.
In the last one, I was looking forward to the Silversun Pickups which ended up to be warranted. Their set ranks near the top, if not the top, of concerts I've seen at the M-shop. Rachel and Alex were also fans. Great, great music. If you get a chance to see them buy a ticket and go because it will be worth it. If you get a chance to pick up any of their albums, hey, why not? Those are pretty great, too. Other new media: Michel Gondry's Science of Sleep is a lot of fun. Syriana is not as much fun but pretty good. Homestarrunner.com's Halloween toon this year is way cool, even Tony Clifton! &c.
Chris Matthews' Hardball came to campus a little bit ago. What a find tea party that was. Matthews was a bit conceited and inconsiderate to anyone within hearing distance and Sen. John McCain continued displays of his fantastic ability to not answer any question even if pushed. Hey, that's cool. He's only elected to represent Arizona, not actually do anything. Continued, therefore, is my personal ban of 24-hour news networks. Big loss for me, I know.
The Bears are still undefeated. Rex Grossman is a benefit to my fantasy football team that was never expected, but gladly accepted. I love the Bears. Further in fantasy news, Joe got me started on fantasy congress. Each team owner chooses a team of Congressmen and receives points for legislation. It's crazy! Let me know if you would like to join our league--Iowa. We so Corny.
That's about it for now...

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

A Schramm, you're missing out by not watching cable news right now.

Do you think the American voters will have the guts to do what's right for their country today? I doubt it.

Hugs and kisses!
KGT

11/07/2006 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home