Thursday, June 22, 2006

Is it 'cause I'm crazy? Possibly.

What's good everybody? Everything's pretty cool here: work, friends, health, whatnot...One update on the gas situation, Rachel will be at NICC next year doing just what she wants to do--radiology. Everybody keeps asking me how I feel about it and I know that it's going to make her happy, so I'm really excited about the whole thing. Yeah, it's another however long apart, but things have never been better for us and happiness is easy to come by. No worries. At least we're not trying to delete eachother from our memories (I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind last night-almost too good to fathom) or giving up because there have been too many times that that thought has tried to coerce itself into the author's mind. But, dear reader, beauty is hard to hold on to, and much harder to find, and the finding was not too dificult. Beauty was standing before me and I was able to have her fall for me, so the holding on is natural.

Just a quick R.I.P. to the US national soccer team's World Cup 2006. I was really pulling for them, but applause to the Ghanain squad for whom I will definitely be cheering in the next round. Looks to be that they will be playing Brazil, another team that I would like to see further their tournament standing. I'm hoping for a very good game. I have to say that I wouldn't mind to see any team that is moving on make the final and ascend the immaculate gold trophy.

...And what would one of my blogs be without the political part (it's in the title of the page, people!)? On television and on National Public Radio I heard stories about scientists using stem cells to cure mice of paralysis. I had nearly an immediate smile on my face. This is an amazing breakthrough. I got really excited thinking that there is another disease/ailment/disability that could very possibly be counteracted and cured in people. At the end of most of the stories I digested was the voice of opposition. Opposition to allowing people to walk again? No (indirectly yes). The voices were of those who feel that stem cells are living organisms and therefore should not be used to help people. Of course, there is a spin on that which I have just written but if seen as one organism that has no future at life being used to help another, with a future of life, to obtain a condition that would make its life better, who is to stop the latter? I understand that this is only delving skin deep into my argument and that of the opposition. I would like to elaborate more but I would also like to read more about the whole subject before I say something that's not backed up and I would rather not offend using monologue. Dialogue is the place for all of that good stuff.

Ok. Just a few thoughts to inspire, hopefully: Don't process to obey the demagoguery of the bully pulpit. Think as an individual and challenge your own thoughts. We are all of one peace (Colman McCarthy). Love.

Peace.

p.s. Gnarls Barkley is CRAZY!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

7/20/2006 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home